Thursday 24 October 2013

A DESIRE TO BURN

This is a post for write tribe 100 words on Saturday.  The following piece contains 100 words exact.

100 Words on Saturday - Write Tribe
***
I knew it was my last day there but I wasn't sad. I was burning with a desire to perish. My heart was melting but deep down there, I was content that I have helped to cure the darkness. I have been able to enlighten. I was able to achieve my goal. I have helped them to see the truth. I am dying for them. They might forget my sacrifice but I won't complain. I will burn proudly with a desire to perish.
***
In a moment, the last drop of candle wax fell on the table and the flame died.

____________________________________________________________
Linking to write tribe 100 words on Saturday

4 comments:

  1. Aha! That's such a wonderful take on the prompt! Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! Love ur take on the prompt where most of us ignore the life shell of the candle. Good one:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...